[ About Us ]
MOBE (Pronounced “moe-bee”) is where Marketing, Technology, Sports & Entertainment professionals converge with early-stage/growing businesses, business professionals and corporations. The MOBE Mission: To facilitate discussion, instruction and business building relationships.
- From 1992 through 2003 the MOBE series delivered a business building, education and mentoring resources for African-American professionals; sports, entertainment and other entrepreneurs.
- MOBE facilitated deals between these companies and large corporations to grow their businesses.
- The brand remains strong, as it delivered on an intention most conferences don’t: To build business!!!
- A Proven track record for presenting strategic alliances and professional development.
- Our registrants directly influenced the spending power and impacted a vastly larger urban consumer base.
- More than $187 million in business was generated to African-American companies as a direct result of associations conceived at MOBE symposiums.
- Created MOBE IT part of the symposium series in 1999, as well at the MOBE IT Awards, which recognized individuals known today as experts: Randall Pinkett and Omar Wasow are just a few.
The dynamics of today’s marketplace demand the return of the premise upon which MOBE was founded. Today’s consumer is more ethnically and racially diverse than ever. Culture, while still heavily influenced by African Americans is rapidly evolving to a true cross-cultural mixture and texture of tastes, lifestyles, music and fashion. And the platforms consumers use to access their content and information have exploded. Brands now need multiple ways and multiple pieces of content to reach today’s consumers. The pace at which platforms emerge have made it difficult to manage communication effectiveness for sustained periods of time.
While there are dozens of business conferences produced everyday, few if any are focused on helping new entrepreneurs, established businesses and professionals create opportunities.
- Facilitate introductions to key business influencers.
- Develop strategic alliances.
- Broker business building relationships and alliances.
MOBE is the convergence of brands, agencies, media companies. producers and entrepreneurs.
[ MOBE SYMPOSIUM ADVISORY BOARD ]
MOBE was created to empower. The idea to bring talented innovators and influencers across all industries and stages of their careers with the common goal to align and advance and to create new opportunities made a lot of sense in 1992. In 2017 it is imperative. Under the leadership of MOBE Co-Founder, Yvette Moyo and MOBE 2017 Chairman, Curtis Symonds, with a team of lifelong MOBE Loyalists, we are proud to present MOBE 3.0, the renewed phase of MOBE to the next generation of leaders, innovators, and creators to keep the legacy of cooperative economics and collaboration opportunities alive.
[ Testimonials ]
We are very proud of the success and accomplishments of our MOBE Alumni, and we are honored when they share their stories about how MOBE positively impacted their lives and their careers. Here are a few comments from MOBE Attendees about how we helped them achieve their professional goals.