#MOBEMondays is our virtual series covering topics to keep us connected, informed, and learning from each other.
Each month MOBE Symposium hosts special guests and influencers for thought-provoking discussions about topics that matter most to the Black business community. Join us from the comfort and safety of your home. Conversations begin at 7 pm ET, 6 pm CT, 4 pm PT. Watch us on our MOBE Symposium Facebook page:
January 18, 2021: “Blacks Give Back”
In the wake of the pandemic and George Floyd, many vulnerabilities of the Black community have been exposed. Martin Luther King Day has become a day of service and a time we reflect on the fight for justice… and often we find there’s JUST US. We look at the importance and future of Philanthropy for the Black community.
Hosted by Ken Rye, Ken Rye Marketing, our speakers include Christal Jackson, Head and Heart Philanthropy and Mosaic Genius; Steven J. Casey, The MacArthur Foundation and Dr. Adrienne Booth Johnson, Infinity Global Connections.
The session will be Live on Facebook on the #MOBESymposium page, facebook.com/MOBESymposium and on the YouTube channel, MOBE Symposium. #blackowned #LegacyMatters #onlyatmobe #mobeaccelerates #ujima #MOBEUjima #MOBEGivesBack #philanthropy #BlacksGiveBack
Upcoming #MOBEEvents 2021
January: “Honoring The Dream and Paying It Forward”
18th – #MOBEMonday: Black Philanthropy
February: The State Of Black America”
1st – #MOBEMonday: The State of Black America
15th – #MOBEMonday: Sports and Entertainment Marketing – Black Equity and Activism in Sports
March: The State Of Black America”
1st – 5th – Black Women In Advertising Week
1 – DEI
2 – Multicultural Agency Leaders
3 – Innovators – Experiential and Social Media
4 – Sales – Black Media Company Sales Leadership
5 – Brand Managers and Account Managers
15th – #MOBEMonday: Women Leading In Tech
29th -Women Leading In Sports
April: “Financial Literacy”
23rd -MOBE SYMPOSIUM 2021 (Virtual)
"MOBE, Conversations and Case Studies You Don't Hear Anywhere Else"
#ICYMI: Featured MOBE Mondays
The MOBE Way, The Promise of 2021 and NGUZO SABA (12/14/20)
Balancing Acts: DEI Leaders Navigating DEI
Navigating Age and Ageism in Multicultural Marketing
Buried Alive: The diversity, equity, and inclusion myth
Buried Alive Pt. 2: The Disrespect of Black Senior Executives
Reframing 2020 Election Results
Marketing & Advertising While a Black: Let’s Talk that Sh*t!
The State of Black Newspapers & Advertising
View more #MOBEMondays on our MOBESymposium YouTube Channel
OUR CULTURE INFLUENCES THE WORLD #MOBE2021Virtual
Join leading marketing, technology, sports and entertainment professionals, business builders and entrepreneurs for an immersive one-day symposium providing insight and networking opportunities.
REGISTRATION FOR #MOBE2021 COMING SOON!
MOBE is MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES in BUSINESS & ENTERTAINMENT
CONNECTING BRANDS + PRODUCERS TO THE 21ST CENTURY BUSINESS AND CONSUMER MARKETPLACE
WHAT IS MOBE?
MOBE (Pronounced “moe-bee”) Marketing Opportunities in Business and Entertainment, where Marketing, Technology, Sports,and Entertainment professionals converge with early-stage/growing businesses, business professionals and corporations. The MOBE Mission: To facilitate discussion, instruction and business building relationships.
Since 1992, the MOBE Symposium has delivered business building, education and mentoring resources for African-American professionals; sports, entertainment, and other entrepreneurs. MOBE facilitates deals between these companies and large corporations to grow their businesses.
The brand remains strong, as it delivered on an intention most conferences don’t: To build business!!! MOBE has a proven track record for presenting strategic alliances and professional development.
- Our registrants directly influenced the spending power and impacted a vastly larger urban consumer base.
- More than $187 million in business was generated to African-American companies as a direct result of associations conceived at MOBE symposiums.
- MOBE is where content producers, talent agents, and others seek out the partnerships that will propel them to the next level.
- MOBE is the convergence of brands, agencies, media companies, producers and entrepreneurs.
[ SEEN AT MOBE ]
Click the images for better viewing.
MOBE is proud to have partnered with numerous leaders and innovators in the Business and Entertainment fields! Add your name to the list of hundreds of successful MOBE Alumni.
- John Legend, Grammy Award Winning Music Artist
- Daymond John, Business Man; Star of ABC’s Shark Tank
- Bernard Bronner, President and CEO of Bronner Bros.
- Keith Clinkscales – Former VP ESPN, Former President of Revolt
- Nina Henderson – Former President & COO, BET Pictures
- B. Keith Fulton – Former President, Verizon, Founder, Soulidifly Productions
- Sheryl Lee Ralph – Actress, DIVA Foundation
- Reginald & Warrington Hudlin – Directors and Film Makers
- Malik Yoba – Actor
- Brandy – R&B Singer and Actress
- Kenya Moore – Former Miss USA and Actress
- Collette V. Smith, 1st Female Coach, NY Jets
- Alfred A. Edmond Jr., SVP / Executive Editor-at-Large, Black Enterprise
- Craig King, Award Winning Music Producer, Founder, Rap Plug
- Kenneth Gifford, Director, Newark Office of Film & Television
- Melissa Harville-Lebron, 1st African American Female NASCAR Owner
- Louis Carr, President, Media Sales, BET & Author “Dirty Little Secrets”