#MOBE2018 is Sponsored by Prudential and Hosted by Dorinda Walker.
CONNECTING BRANDS + PRODUCERS TO THE 21ST CENTURY BUSINESS AND CONSUMER MARKETPLACE
“MOBE, Conversations and Case Studies You Don’t Hear Anywhere Else” #OnlyatMOBE
KEYNOTE BREAKFAST SPEAKER, LEO HINDREY, JR.
“TO LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD, NEW FINANCIAL INITIATIVES MUST BE EMPLOYED”
Leo Hindery, Jr., a member of the Cable Industry Hall of Fame, is Managing Partner of InterMedia Partners, a series of media industry investment funds he founded in 1988 and ran until February 1997 when he was named President and CEO of Tele-Communications, Inc. (TCI) and Liberty Media, then the world’s largest combined cable television system operator and programming entity. In March 1999 TCI merged into AT&T and he became President and CEO of AT&T Broadband. Former CEO of the YES Network.
#MOBE2018 CONFERENCE AGENDA
7:30 a.m. Registration8:30 a.m. Opening Remarks: Dorinda Walker8:45 a.m. Keynote: Leo Hindery, InterMedia Partners9:15 a.m. Panel: Power and Money Mindset of the Black Consumer10:15 a.m. Panel: #Black Women – Reclaiming Their Time11:00 a.m. Panel: Entrepreneurship – When You Are The Brand12:00 p.m. Awards Luncheon1:30 p.m. Breakout Sessions – TBA2:15 p.m. Panel: Rethinking Manhood3:15 p.m. Panel: Transforming Healthy Realities Via Entertainment4:15 p.m. Panel: Film & TV Innovation and Distribution5:00 p.m. Cocktail Reception
*Panels are subject to change.
WHAT IS MOBE?
MOBE (Pronounced “moe-bee”) is where Marketing, Technology, Sports & Entertainment professionals converge with early-stage/growing businesses, business professionals and corporations.
- Since 1992, the MOBE series delivered a business building, education and mentoring resources for African-American professionals; sports, entertainment and other entrepreneurs.
- MOBE facilitated deals between these companies and large corporations to grow their businesses.
- The brand remains strong, as it delivered on an intention most conferences don’t: To build business!!!
- Proven track record for presenting strategic alliances and professional development.
- Our registrants directly influenced the spending power and impacted a vastly larger urban consumer base.
- More than $187 million in business was generated to African-American companies as a direct result of associations conceived at MOBE symposiums.
- Created MOBE IT part of the symposium series as well at the MOBE IT Awards, which recognized individuals known today as experts: Randall Pinkett and Omar Wasow are just a few.
THE MOBE SOLUTION
But where can brands, agencies and media companies find them before anyone else does?
Where can content producers, talent agents, and others seek out the partnerships that will propel them to the next level?
MOBE Symposium Spring 2018 (April 20) Newark, NJ, Hosted by Prudential,
MOBE will be the convergence of brands, agencies, media companies, producers and entrepreneurs
The MOBE Mission: To facilitate discussion, instruction and business building relationships.
MOBE is proud to have partnered with numerous leaders and innovators in the Business and Entertainment fields!
- John Legend, Grammy Award Winning Music Artist
- Daymond John, Business Man; Star of ABC’s Shark Tank
- Bernard Bronner, President and CEO of Bronner Bros.
- Keith Clinkscales – Former VP ESPN, Former President of Revolt
- Nina Henderson – Former President & COO, BET Pictures
- B. Keith Fulton – Former Director, AOL Time Warner Foundation, Verizon
- Sheryl Lee Ralph – Actress, DIVA Foundation
- Tom Flewellyn – Former Director, Minority Business Dev., Walt Disney World Resort
- Reginald & Warrington Hudlin – Directors and Film Makers
- Malik Yoba – Actor
- Brandy – R&B Singer and Actress
- Kenya Moore – Former Miss USA and Actress