MOBE ADVANCED MARKETING SYMPOSIUM
MOBE (Pronounced “moe-bee”) is where Marketing, Technology, Sports & Entertainment professionals converge with early-stage/growing businesses, business professionals and corporations. The MOBE Mission: To facilitate discussion, instruction and business building relationships. From 1992 through 2003 the MOBE series delivered business building, education and mentoring resources for African-American professionals; sports, entertainment and other entrepreneurs. More than $187 million in business was generated to African-American companies as a direct result of associations conceived at MOBE symposiums. MOBE is back to continue our tradition of helping the next generation of business men and women achieve success and develop strong business alliances and relationships to last a lifetime.LEARN MORE
[ ``Blazing New Trails for Brands and Producers`` ]
[ MOBE 2017: SCHEDULE ]
Join us in Atlanta, Georgia, August 17 - 20 for MOBE 2017, the first and only Advanced Marketing Symposium that connects you with the people you want to meet and will get the opportunity to interact with one on one.
MOBE 2017 Welcome Reception
Join us for The MOBE 2017 Welcome to Atlanta Networking Reception. The Reception is open to all Registered MOBE Attendees.
Social Justice Breakfast: Staying Woke, Resistance, Activism and Brand Survival
A look at how progressive Brands, usually with the right mix of Blacks on creative teams with the best research, have created messages which perfectly respect that social justice is a serious issue for Black America in particular, and deliver brand messages accordingly. We’ll also take a short look at those that make you wonder if they ever heard of the phrase, cultural competence.
- Rev. Dr. Otis Moss III - Senior Pastor, Trinity United Church of Christ
- Ayinde Cartman, Executive Director Real Men Charities, Inc.
- Greg Street - V103 Radio, Atlanta, GA
The Future and Now of Music
The way people consume Music has evolved rapidly from physical to digital. And the music industry keeps changing to keep up with consumers constantly changing listening habits. In the age of so much technology, so many online music platforms and so much music due to DIY, tools available to everyone, what will The Future of Music become?
- George Daniels, Founder, and Proprietor of George’s Music Room
- Jill Kettles, Founder, Miss Jill PR
- Ken Rye, CEO & Founder, Ken Rye Marketing
- Craig A. King, Award Winning Producer, Musician, & Entrepreneur
Producing Content for a Multi-platform Marketplace
Today’s marketplace has an insatiable need for fresh content. Ideas must be compelling, authentic and unique in order to engage audiences for just a few seconds or an entire season. Understanding the what and how of high-quality content production for multiple platforms is critical to success in today’s marketplace. This panel will explore the challenges of producing video content for multiple platforms including digital, social, mobile and streaming.
Digital / Tech
Join us as we explore the NEXT big thing in Digital Marketing and how to use New Technologies to innovate, reach a wider targeted audience, drive high levels of engagement and increased conversion.
- Aleeta Bell – CEO & Founder, Plugh
- Terrance X. Johnson, – CEO & Founder, TCJ AeroTech, LLC
- Luke Lawal Jr. – CEO & Founder, HBCU Buzz
Millennial Marketing: Social Media and More
The Millennial Generation is taking the world by storm! They are innovators, entrepreneurs, activists, and changing every aspect of the way we work, eat, live, commute, and communicate. But how do savvy marketers and established brands connect with these quick thinking, movers and shakers and build loyalty when there are so many new choices surfacing daily? Learn from those who are soaring when it comes to making meaningful connections and creating highly engaged experiences.
- Michiel Perry – CEO & Founder, Black Southern Belle
- David Muhammed – Sr. Director, Digital Strategy, GMR Marketing
- LaToya Shambo – CEO & Founder, Black Girl Digital, Inc.
- Tasha Levy - Multicultural Lead, Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook
Interactive Workshop: Growing Small Properties
We will examine 3 properties to develop feedback on how to position these properties for continued growth. Real Men Cook, Super Bowl Gospel Concert and HBCUX Network.
- Moderator: Deborah Gray-Young
- Yvette Moyo – Real Men Cook
- Curtis Symonds – HBCUX Network
- Melanie Few – Super Bowl Gospel Concert
Raising Your Game to the Next Level On and Off the Field
Join us for an in-depth discussion as leading Sports Professionals share their plays on the Business of Sports, the latest trends, how to navigate success and win off the field and in the boardrooms and the marketplace.
- Moderator: Jamie Dukes – NFL Network
- Wendell Haskins – PGA of America
- Scoop Jackson – Sports Journalist, Author
- Kevin Merida – The Undefeated, ESPN
- Nzinga Shaw – Atlanta Hawks
TV, In Front of and Behind the Camera: “How New Media Platforms are Changing the Landscape in Network Ownership, Producing Real Time Content & Undiscovered Talent”
Television has provided opportunities in ownership, content and talent. This panel of TV station owners, directors and actors will discuss opportunities. Join us as we explore the following topics:
- What it takes to become a true Media Mogul.
- “Content is King” and why it’s a must to create your own.
- Television can be the big screen for those in front of the camera.
- Sharon Thomas Tomlinson – Founder, CEO Studio II Films, & Blueprint 4 Hollywood
- Jay Alexander Martin – CEO FuBu TV
- Rushion McDonald – CEO, McDonald Entertainment
- Rob Shambro – Media Pioneer, Patented Inventor, Startup & Financing Specialist
- Clint Evans, General Manager HBCUX Network
Bronner Bros 70th : Opening Night Concert
For more information: http://bronnerbros.com/special-events
Bronner Bros. 70th Annual Hair Show
On Sunday, August 20th, MOBE Attendees are invited to stay over and spend the day with our Partners, the Bronner Bros at their legendary 70th Annual Hair Show. Join us for a day starting off with worship and filled with celebration, fun and networking. For More Information: http://bronnerbros.com
[ MOBE SYMPOSIUM 2017 SPEAKERS ]
MOBE is synonymous for Excellence and Innovation. At MOBE, our speakers, presenters and attendees represent every industry and every level of achievement in Business, Sports and the Arts. From Entrepreneurs to Corporate Leaders; from up and coming Indie Artists and Filmmakers to Award Winning Directors, Actors and Musicians; from Sports Industry Executives to Championship Athletes, and everything in between, MOBE connects and inspires talent.
[ MOBE PARTNERS ]
MOBE has developed a vast network of supporters and partners across all industries, with some of the most influential brands and companies in the world. Our Partners are active participants, who share knowledge, source talent and open doors to opportunities for our attendees. They both support and enhance our mission to nurturing the next generation of successful business professionals.
Ayinde Cartman, Executive Director Real Men Charities, Inc.
“I’m excited for the potential of a revival of the MOBE business network. I believe that the millennial generation will benefit greatly from the knowledge and experience of seasoned professionals. Sitting at the feet of successful businesses with a mutual investment in each other, will prove to be a powerful and dynamic tool. It will be tough to get all these folks in the same room together again, so register early.”
[ MOBE Gallery ]
MOBE Reunion 2016, December in Chicago.